Derek Kilmer has been one of our country’s leaders on campaign finance reform. That’s why he has been endorsed by End Citizens United for his work to fix our broken political system.
He has sponsored a number of bills to reduce the role of money in politics, including:
- A constitutional amendment to repeal the Supreme Court’s Citizens United decision. Derek understands that money is not speech and that corporations are not people.
- The DISCLOSE Act, to ensure that the American people know who is trying to influence their elections.
- The Government by the People Act, to ensure small-dollar, citizen-financed campaigns and reduce the role of political action committees
- The Honest Ads Act, to expand disclosure requirements and ensure transparency of online political spending, because Derek believes that people have a right to know who is influencing their elections.
- The Restoring Integrity to America’s Elections Act, to reform the Federal Elections Commission and ensure that campaign finance laws are enforced.
Derek thinks that our government should be responsive to “We the People.” That’s why he’s present throughout the district – meeting with local employers, visiting service clubs, and holding town hall meetings.