Kilmer has been one of our country’s leaders on campaign finance reform. He has sponsored numerous bills to reduce the
role of money in politics, including
- A constitutional amendment to repeal the Supreme Court’s Citizens
United decision. Derek doesn’t
believe that money is speech and doesn’t believe that corporations are people
- The DISCLOSE Act, to ensure that the American people know
who is trying to influence their elections.
- The Government by the People Act, to ensure small-dollar,
citizen-financed campaigns and reduce the role of political action committees
- The Honest Ads Act, to expand disclosure requirements and
ensure transparence of online political spending
- The Restoring Integrity to America’s Elections Act, to
reform the Federal Elections Commission and ensure that campaign finance laws
thinks that our government should be responsive to “We the People.” That’s why he’s been present throughout the
district – meeting with local employers, visiting service clubs, and holding
town hall meetings.